Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Harpo Marx




I must admit that I am not familiar with the Marx Brothers, other than seeing their pictures, I really know nothing about them. My brother's painting as well as the Clint painting are on hold at the moment, as I am now in the middle of a few different editorial pieces. One for Minnesota Monthly, and another for Kenyon Alumni, which I am doing a piece on Harpo Marx. The two sketches shown here are my first two sketches of him, trying to get a feel for his face. I haven't found many great pictures to work off of, I'll most likely try to rent some Marx Brother's and draw from that. So as I work on this piece as well as the other, I will be posting my process, but only sneak peeks, or cropped sections. I will show the finals when I get the OK from the Art Directors to do so.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Jason..... these are great... as are the Marx Brothers.... Harpo is the master of physical comedy.... well maybe him Chaplin and Keaton.... but still great... If you get a chance... you should try to check out their movies.... I find they are one of the last places I can go and catch myself laughing out loud..... anyways.... Great stuff.... PEACE!
J

PS: I think you should try to do a version with his tongue and cheeks blown out.... that is the classic image of him... and make him a bit funner... these seem a bit too serious... but maybe that's just me...

2:02 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thanks man, as for making him funnier, I'm not sure yet what the art director wants? And so far I haven't found any great pictures of him for reference.

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The second one is perfect!

6:27 PM  
Blogger kopi.J said...

HOT STORY 2022

รีวิวแฟชั่น
บาคาร่าเล่นยังไง

ตารางบอล
วิธีเล่นหวย
สล็อต

Thank you .

5:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners