Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Final drawing for Wine & Spirits Magazine!





This is the final pencil along with a color version that I did for fun. For the color version, I just went into photoshop and added a little color in a seperate layer under the pencil lines. You'll probably notice a big difference comparing the sketch to the final drawing. The reason for that is that I did the sketch very quickly and got the OK to continue. At the same time I was burning the candle to finish my piece for GOLF. So when it was time for me to draw the final I noticed some mistakes that I had made when judging the anatomy of the models face. The mistakes were adjusted and all is well.

My illustration for GOLF magazine is finished, I'll post it when I can, as well as a few others, so stay tuned!

7 Comments:

Blogger Milenko said...

Super sweet.

Cheers to your skill,

Regards,

Milenko

8:42 AM  
Blogger Tim Bye said...

Wow Jason these are great!!! Do you use a really dark / soft pencil - or do you heighten the contrast once it's scanned in? Great work

3:11 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thank you Milenko and Tim. To answer your question Tim, I use .3 and .5 lead, mechanical pencils. I also use traditional drawing pencils, H, HB, F, and so forth . . . I don't do any changes once it's scanned in.

3:16 PM  
Blogger SAIDESTROYER said...

You are such a great penciller, dude!! The colors seem pretty real

Aquacolors or Photoshop??

9:04 PM  
Blogger Shawn Escott said...

Nice Jason! Always inspiring work from you! Great coloring too, taking it to another level.

10:05 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thank you "Saidestroyer" . . . ! The color was done in photoshop.

Thanks to you as well Shawn, I appreciate the encouragement!

10:30 AM  
Blogger Maly Siri said...

incredible how astonishing effects!!

4:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners