Thursday, May 05, 2011

Franz Kafka and Schoolism Testimonial



Two hour painting of writer Franz Kafka, painted with watercolor and finished digitally. Everything is painted, the dust specs, scratches, all painted to give the effect of an old photo.


There are a few spaces left in my May 20th class . . . Register for my May 20th class- The Art of Caricature with Jason Seiler!

Click here to learn more about my class at Schoolism.



Here is a testimonial from a recent student of mine, please read below.

Testimonial:

"It isn't often you come across a talented artist who can also teach-but Jason is one of those rare individuals. I speak with over twenty-five years of teaching experience, eighteen of those at the college level. I have lear...ned more in his nine lessons than I have in any of the semester long college art courses I have taken.

His lessons are well organized and he includes ALL of the information, steps, and concepts you need to complete his assignments. In my experience this is rare--most of the digital art tutorials, videos, books, or courses I have taken leave out important steps and I find myself lost, frustrated, and extremely disappointed.

In addition to covering the technical skills, he includes valuable information on his thought processes, the importance of a good portfolio, dealing with art directors, and other practical knowledge that you seldom get from an art instructor who only knows the classroom setting.

Remember that old quote . . . "Those who can, do. Those who can't, teach"? Jason is a great example of someone who can both "do" and "teach." Perhaps if there were more art instructors like Jason there would be fewer starving artists.

The bottom line is that I have spent years trying to learn what I have learned in this class. It has been worth every penny and every hour I have spent in front of the computer."

Victoria Hutson

Lake Superior College

Duluth, MN, USA

4 Comments:

Blogger Aaron Wilkin said...

WOW!!!! This is friggin amazing!!!! This is gonna win for sure!!!
How did you get the scratches and dust? Did you hand paint them? OR use the setting for it?

Awesome!!!

3:58 PM  
Blogger joe said...

I love your art, I have your dvd, I want to take your class, I hope that you are still teaching it in about a year when I will have the resources to be able to do so. I think what you guys are doing at schoolism is important and inspirational. thanks

11:52 PM  
Blogger José Lümar said...

Jason, como siempre espectacular.
Jason, as always spectacular.

2:41 AM  
Blogger Daniel Domingos said...

Muito bom Jason!
Novamente!
Quero dizer que Kafka é um ótimo escritor, gosto muito do livro que ele escreveu Metamorfose.

Um abraço cara e até mais!

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners