Monday, August 08, 2011

Murdoch cover for ADWEEK



Last week I was called by Adweek to do a one-day-turnaround, which would be used for an interior illustration. They ended up liking the painting so much that they decided to use it as the cover instead!

Read the article HERE.



They wanted a realistic portrait of Murdoch and wanted a "mafia-like" feel to the look of the piece . . . notice my nod to The Godfather. It was a lot of fun creating the mood and feel of this piece . . . it had to look like Murdoch but feel dark and moody . . . I had a blast! BTW, I had only one day to turn this piece around.



I'm really happy with the brush work in this piece . . . the more I paint, the more I love it!




As I mentioned above, it was decided that my art would be used for the cover rather than inside the magazine. For that, I was asked to simplify the background as to not distract from typesetting and so on.




This is my mock sketch.

Labels: , , ,

16 Comments:

Blogger Marvin Lorenz said...

AWESOME STYLE! Looks so realistic an nice Jason!:)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Emua Fashions said...

OMG! Seiler, u blew this one outta the park man! Awesome!

12:41 PM  
Blogger Jibola Fagbamiye said...

Great stuff dude!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Hasifkhan said...

this is awesomore..Jason ..Congratulations
Thanks always

2:27 PM  
Anonymous Lasse Jakobsen said...

I would really love to see a time-lapse of pieces like these. You have amazing values in your paintings, so pretty.

2:28 PM  
Blogger Tim Wilmsen said...

Real peace of art! wow

3:46 PM  
Blogger chris brothers said...

Very good!

4:57 PM  
Blogger Alice Flynn said...

Very well done. Love this... perfect creepy look for the subject.

6:16 PM  
Blogger duanetheartist said...

Really nice work. I love the brush work and especially that splatery effect on parts of the painting.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Lash LeRoux said...

Simply brilliant, Jason. It's quite difficult to complement different elements in this painting (without writing an essay), because every aspect of your artwork is so astounding. Your versatility as an artist never ceases to amaze me. Just when I think I've seen your best work, you go and post something like this... ;o)

11:31 AM  
Blogger Luke Watson said...

fanstastical

5:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope they also decided to pay you like it was a cover... :>

6:47 AM  
Blogger pol serra said...

Damn !!!!!!!!!! awesome!

1:46 AM  
Blogger rwpike said...

Brilliant piece Jason

10:47 AM  
Blogger ovidiu said...

Amazing! What program have you used for this? Photoshop or something else ? Thank you !

3:38 PM  
Anonymous cara alami mengobati klep jantung bocor said...

i'm like for website after reading all in the page

cara menyembuhkan gatal pada selangkangan

3:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners