Wednesday, January 04, 2012

What if he loses?



Cover I painted recently for Washinton Monthly.

This was a challenge but I welcomed it and really enjoyed working on it. It was very important for this piece that Obama had a sad, or frustrated expression on his face. I was able to find a few references of Obama with expressions similar to this, but nothing at the exact angle that I needed. I used two different references of Obama's face to create this one image of him but I also used myself as a model. I used my own face to help create the expression that was needed. I also found it useful to watch YouTube videos of Obama and paused them in mid-speech to learn more about his expressions.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

amazing texture on the bible...

9:40 AM  
Blogger Ravi Gupta said...

Obama looks really sad! nicely executed!

3:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners